What we look for
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- A logical and analytical approach
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with willingness to develop these skills further
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship
- Some roles may require a high level of numeracy
Training & development
Throughout the 12-18 month apprenticeship you will work towards achieving relevant industry recognised qualifications, such as Investment Operations Certificate or another qualification relating to the area that you join. This opportunity will enable you to develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by interacting with people across the business at all levels.
Our programme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college and is not a graduate programme. It provides an opportunity to receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary. The Apprenticeships that we offer are permanent roles, however you must achieve your objectives and complete your qualification during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team.
Where you will work
We have had Apprentices in all areas of our business as they are permanent roles and based on a business need. We recruit on a rolling basis throughout the year, so sign up for email alerts so you are able to be made aware when new roles become available.
We have Apprenticeships in a variety of departments and currently have Apprentices working in the following areas:
- Investment Operations
- IT and Technology
- Finance and Accounting
- Sales & Marketing
- Fund Management
- Human Resources
- Secretarial & Admin
We do not expect you to have a vast knowledge about the area you apply to. We will teach you all you need to know as long as you have a proactive attitude to learning.
As we are looking for permanent employees, our interview process is comprehensive.
- Registration form and upload your CV
- Online tests: 2 x 10 min tests (general intelligence & attention to detail tests)
- Video interview: A one-way online recorded interview. You will be provided with a link containing full instructions for completing this at the time. You will be provided a question, a small amount of preparation time and then a period of time to answer the question before moving onto the next. At the end we will give you some extra time to discuss anything you have not already covered. We review video interviews alongside your performance to date and CV.
- Face to face interview: You will then be invited to our offices in London for a competency based face to face interview with the hiring manager and HR representative.
- Final interview: Finally, you will be invited to our offices in London to meet other members of the team and for a final competency based interview, which may include a case study or basic test. This will be confirmed prior to your interview date.
Rewards & benefits
Salaries are benchmarked against top employers in our sector. They are competitive and when you roll off of the apprenticeship programme, you will earn market rate for the role you are employed into. Your salary will rise in line with your performance.
- Annual performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension
- Optional share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Corporate discounts
- Subsidised canteen
- Cycle to work scheme