What we look for
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points (2017 tariff) - equivalent to CCC at A Level
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- A professional and efficient approach
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Some roles may require a high level of numeracy
Training & development
Throughout the 12-18 month apprenticeship, you will work towards a NVQ and industry recognised technical certificates which could include the Investment Operations Certificate (IOC), the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or another qualification relating to the area you join. This opportunity will enable you to develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by interacting with people across the business at all levels.
Our programme is designed to help young people without a degree start their careers within a leading Investment Management company straight after school or college. This is not a graduate programme. It provides an opportunity to receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary. Whilst this is a permanent role, you must achieve your objectives and complete your NVQ and technical certificate during the 18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team.
Where you will work
We have Apprenticeships in a variety of departments and currently have Apprentices working in the following areas:
- Investment Operations
- Sales & Marketing
- Fund Management
- Human Resources
- Secretarial & Admin
We do not expect you to have a vast knowledge about the area you apply to. We will teach you all you need to know as long as you have a proactive attitude to learning.
As we are looking for permanent employees, our interview process is comprehensive.
- Registration form and upload your CV
- Online tests: 2 x 10 min tests (general intelligence & attention to detail tests)
- Video interview: A one-way online recorded interview. You will be provided with a link containing full instructions for completing this at the time. You will be provided a question, a small amount of preparation time and then a period of time to answer the question before moving onto the next. At the end we will give you some extra time to discuss anything you have not already covered. We review video interviews alongside your performance to date and CV.
- Face to face interview: You will then be invited to our offices in London for a competency based face to face interview with the hiring manager and HR representative.
- Final interview: Finally, you will be invited to our offices in London to meet other members of the team and for a final competency based interview, which may include a case study or basic test. This will be confirmed prior to your interview date.
Rewards & benefits
Salaries are benchmarked against top employers in our sector. They are competitive and when you roll off of the apprenticeship programme, you will earn market rate for the role you are employed into. Your salary will rise in line with your performance.
- Annual performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension
- Optional share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Corporate discounts
- Subsidised canteen
- Cycle to work scheme