Your skills and talents
Finance is a key function within our business, producing and controlling financial data to deliver M&G’s statutory accounting and regulatory obligations; as well as useful and insightful management information to help the business make effective decisions and meet its strategic objectives.
We are looking for individuals with an interest in finance and accountancy who possess strong analytical and communication skills, and a strong attention to detail. You will possess, or have been predicted a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree from any discipline, with a minimum 300 UCAS points.
About the schemes
The department is made up of the following teams:
- Central Finance – Responsible for the financial record keeping and control over M&G’s financial data. The team has reporting responsibilities to statutory and regulatory authorities and provides cost and income reporting to the Business Unit finance teams. It is also responsible for the statutory consolidation of the Group’s financial results and for the provision of data to M&G’s parent company Prudential Plc.
- Business Unit Finance teams – which include Fixed Income and Operations, Retail and Real Estate.
- Financial Systems Strategy – Responsible for the operation and continuing development of the suite of finance systems, used across Finance to deliver all finance information.
- Tax – Responsible for all aspects of M&G’s tax compliance as well as providing key support and guidance to strategic product development across the business.
- Finance Projects – Support the delivery of finance change initiatives across all areas of Finance
Finance & Accounting graduate scheme
Within the graduate scheme you will spend periods of 3-6 months rotating across most teams, with the aim of securing a permanent role at the end of the programme. We will enable you to develop a wide range of financial skills and competencies together with a broad understanding of how the M&G business operates.
You will be given exposure to a range of challenging finance and business experiences from day one and will be expected to take ownership for accurate and timely deliverables within finance.
Finance & Accounting internship scheme
From day one as an intern you'll be treated as a key member, taking an active and productive role. You will be aligned to one of our teams where you will be established as a key resource, and we will ensure you have not only a good foundation, but specific knowledge to advance your career.
Training and development
All graduates and interns take part in our comprehensive training. Once graduates have completed the IMC they will begin their supported study towards a relevant Finance qualification. This can be either the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA); Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA) qualification.