To access our archived documents go to our press release archive page.
To access our M&G Real Estate archived documents go to our M&G Real Estate press release archive page.
Latest press releases
27 October 2016
M&G names Sam Ford as new manager of UK Select Fund
24 October 2016
Greenfields to build 850 new homes for Essex following funding deal
21 October 2016
M&G to resume trading in M&G Property Portfolio
10 October 2016
M&G Investments applies for new Luxembourg-domiciled retail funds
22 September 2016
M&G Real Estate joins forces with Mulbury for first Northern private rented sector scheme
8 September 2016
M&G Real Estate and GWM Group Form Join Venture
22 August 2016
M&G Real Estate appoints Head of Long Income Real Estate
22 August 2016
Changes to management of Charifund and NAACIF
2 August 2016
Continuation of temporary suspension of M&G property portfolio
1 August 2016
M&G Real Estate appoints head of asset management and expands continental European team
26 July 2016
Stafford and Rural Homes in £50m funding deal with M&G Investments
- Funding to contribute to up to 600 new homes by 2021
7 July 2016
M&G appoints John William Olsen as manager of the M&G European Select Fund
5 July 2016
M&G suspends trading in M&G Property Portfolio amid Brexit uncertainty
1 July 2016
M&G applies a fair value adjustment on the M&G Property Portfolio
24 June 2016
M&G statement on the result of the EU referendum
7 June 2016
M&G Property Portfolio moves to cancellation pricing
3 June 2016
M&G Property Portfolio moves to creation pricing
22 May 2016
M&G Investments to launch online service offering lower fund charges; will stop charging investors for equity research
6 May 2016
Infracapital agrees first infrastructure investment in Italy
- Agreement to acquire 80% stake in PPP portfolio from Condotte
26 April 2016
M&G Investments appoints new business development head for Japan
M&G Investments (M&G) has appointed Mr Taro Shiroyama to the newly created role of Managing Director, Institutional Business Development in Japan.
14 March 2016
M&G Investments appoints Tristan Hanson to its Multi-Asset Team
M&G Investments, a leading international asset manager, today announces the appointment of Tristan Hanson as Fund Manager to its Multi-Asset team, starting on 21st March. Tristan will be responsible for developing the team’s absolute return proposition and will report to Dave Fishwick, Head of Multi-Asset.
26 February 2016
Housing minister unveils one of the UK's first build to rent housing schemes funded by institutional investment
- Homes designed and built specifically for renters in North Acton
- Supports Mayor’s vision for well-designed and managed rental homes
25 February 2016
M&G real estate continues expansion of European business with appointment of Paris-based Fund Manager
M&G Real Estate, one of the UK’s largest property investors, has appointed Dimitri Doublet as Assistant Fund Manager for its core European property strategy managed by David Jackson and Simon Ellis. Dimitri joined on 18 January and reports to David Jackson.
15 February 2016
M&G Investments launches the first institutional fund to invest in European long lease property
- Maiden investment of €100 million across two deals in Portugal and Belgium
1 February 2016
Michael McLintock to retire as M&G Chief Executive, to be succeeded by Anne Richards
28 January 2016
M&G real estate transactions total a record £4.2 billion in 2015
- Rental growth to drive returns this year
22 January 2016
M&G sees record year for real estate finance activity in 2015
- £2.2 billion deployed in real estate commercial mortgage loans
- £750 million committed by institutional investors to senior commercial mortgage loans
- Insurers and pension funds seek yield, security and diversification
21 January 2016
M&G real estate names new chief executive for Asia business
M&G Real Estate, the leading global real estate fund manager, is to appoint Chiang Ling Ng, subject to regulatory approval, as chief executive and chief investment officer to its Asia business. She replaces Scott Girard, who will be relocating to Australia.
18 January 2016
M&G real estate: Australia and Japan to lead rental growth in 2016
- Four to five per cent rental growth forecast for offices in Japan and Australia
- Eight year low set for vacancy rates in large Tokyo offices
- 10-15 year typical lease term for Asian hotels
14 December 2015
M&G boosts resources behind M&G Global Basics Fund with the appointment of Jamie Horvat
- Horvat to work with Somel to identify new and emerging trends supporting the Fund’s thematic evolution
19 November 2015
M&G Real Estate starts construction on 'Number 2, Forbury Place' office scheme in Reading
- Construction starts on 186,000 sq ft speculative office scheme
- Latest milestone in M&G Real Estate’s commitment to Reading
- Confirmation of space let in ‘Number 3, Forbury Place’
17 November 2015
Crest Nicholson teams up again with M&G Real Estate to deliver the UK's first purpose-designed suburban private rented sector homes
- 227 new private rented sector homes created as part of wider regeneration scheme in Crawley
- New deal marks the next phase of the first agreement of its kind between an institutional investor and listed housebuilder
16 November 2015
M&G Real Estate welcomes Olivier Vellay as Head of Continental Investment
- Appointment marks the start of renewed expansion in Europe
12 November 2015
M&G Real Estate: Eurozone economic growth to hit four-year high
- 9 consecutive quarters of economic expansion
- 3% per annum rental growth forecast for retail shops and shopping centres over 3 years
- Predicted 8-year high for European real estate investment volumes
4 November 2015
M&G Investments energises UK solar sector with £250 million investment
- Largest long term institutional investment into the sector, powering over 30,000 homes
3 November 2015
M&G's Lynn Gilbert to lead senior real estate debt strategy
M&G’s Lynn Gilbert is to head its senior real estate debt strategies, following Paul Dittmann’s departure.
2 November 2015
M&G's Real Estate bolsters industrial team
M&G Real Estate has appointed Stephen Hibbert and Matthew Ellis to its industrial and logistics team. Stephen and Matthew will report to Paul Crosbie, Head of Logistics and Industrials who joined in September this year.
27 October 2015
M&G Investments strengthens Asia team with new appointments in Hong Kong and Singapore
M&G Investments (“M&G”), an international active asset manager, today announces the appointments of Anthony Yeung as Associate Director and Sophia Shi as Relationship Manager to strengthen its intermediary team in Asia Pacific. Anthony, based in Hong Kong, and Sophia, based in Singapore, will report to Ben Cherrington, Director of Intermediary Channels, Asia Pacific.
5 October 2015
M&G raises €1.5 billion from pension funds for ABS strategy
- European institutional investors diversifying for security and yield.
22 September 2015
Andrew Hendry to step down as Managing Director of M&G Investments' Asia business
- Follows successful completion of first phase of expansion in the region.
14 September 2015
M&G completes 2,350 new student rooms for the start of the academic year as part of £380 million investment programme
- New buildings take M&G’s student accommodation portfolio to more than 6,000 units.
8 September 2015
M&G Real Estate welcomes Paul Crosbie as head of industrials team
M&G Real Estate has appointed Paul Crosbie to lead its Logistics and Industrials team. He joined on 7 September and reports to Chris Perkins, Head of Business Space.
2 September 2015
M&G Investments hires Global Head of Institutional distribution
M&G Investments (“M&G”) today announces the appointment of Ominder Dhillon as Global Head of Institutional Distribution.
1 September 2015
M&G Real Estate bolsters residential team with two appointments
M&G Real Estate confirms that Andrew Cook has joined its residential team as fund analyst. He reports to Steve Hollands, Residential Investment Manager.
1 September 2015
M&G Real Estate signs HomeSense in Cheadle following major refurbishment
- HomeSense to open 12,674 sq ft store.
27 August 2015
M&G Real Estate confirms largest Reading office letting in 25 years
- The largest office letting in the Thames Valley market in a decade.
- 186,000 sq ft letting follows decision to lead speculative development.
- Latest milestone in M&G Real Estate’s activity in Reading town centre.
24 August 2015
M&G Real Estate: Upbeat consumer spend forecasts signal rising investor interest in the UK leisure sector
Rising consumer spend will fuel further growth in the UK’s leisure sector, according to the latest research published today by the leading global real estate fund manager M&G Real Estate.
17 August 2015
M&G Investments provides £140 million financing for the Liberty Shopping Centre
M&G Investments (“M&G”), a leading international investment manager, has completed a deal to provide £140 million of financing for The Liberty Shopping Centre in Romford, Essex.
11 August 2015
M&G Real Estate makes first retail acquisition in South Korea
- Single largest acquisition worth US$230 million diversifies Asia property strategy
- Builds on M&G Real Estate’s successful track record of investing in South Korea
3 August 2015
M&G Real Estate signs Poundworld at Washington Galleries in major letting campaign
- Poundland to open 8,250 sq ft mini anchor store
3 August 2015
400 new homes following £30 million funding deal
- Acis Group in funding deal with M&G Investments
27 July 2015
M&G Real Estate invests in €175 million office scheme in central Madrid
- Latest acquisition brings core European strategy to over €1 billion
- Acquisitions since March total circa €360 million
22 July 2015
M&G Real Estate announces £36 million industrial forward funding deal
New stock development committed as 166,000 sq ft of new industrial lettings take M&G Property Portfolio industrial vacancy to zero.
16 July 2015
M&G Real Estate agrees the largest leasing transaction in Central London this year
- High value lease secured for 275,000 sq ft of prime office space
- Crossrail changes London dynamics as city fringe becomes more accessible
6 July 2015
Staffordshire Housing Association in £22m funding deal with M&G Investments
Staffordshire Housing Association (“Staffordshire Housing”), a significant provider of social housing in Staffordshire and support services in Staffordshire and Cheshire, has borrowed £22 million in a long term financing deal from M&G Investments (“M&G”), a leading international investment manager.
29 June 2015
M&G Investments appoints Jeik Sohn as Investment Specialist
M&G Investments (“M&G”), an international active asset manager, has appointed Jeik Sohn as Investment Specialist to strengthen the investment proposition offered to M&G’s clients in Asia.
12 May 2015
M&G Real Estate makes £167 million Thames Valley office acquisition
- £167m acquisition demonstrates investor pull towards Western Corridor and strength of South East offices.
1 May 2015
M&G Real Estate joins forces with Crest Nicholson to provide new private rented sector homes in Bath
- Investor-house builder agreement first of its kind that will create significant build-to-rent developments across the UK, speeding up delivery of housing stock to market.
- Emphasis on quality and creation of mixed tenure sustainable communities.
27 April 2015
M&G Real Estate: Tide of money from quantitative easing expected to significantly boost flows into European Real Estate
- QE to support European real estate prices mirroring US, UK and Japan experience.
- Cheaper currency expected to be a major boost for export oriented economies such as Germany.
7 April 2015
M&G Real Estate appoints Kerry Williams as Retail Investment Director
- M&G Real Estate today announces the appointment of Kerry Williams, who joins the business as Retail Investment Director, reporting to John Duxbury, Head of Retail.
1 April 2015
M&G Real Estate makes next move into UK big six offices market with £72.6 million purchase in Glasgow
- Shortage of Grade A stock in the UK’s Big Six drives rental growth, attracting institutional investors looking for long-term returns.
31 March 2015
M&G Real Estate continues to gather European assets with €33 million prime retail acquisition in Denmark
- Dominant Copenhagen high street purchase with pre-let asset.
17 March 2015
M&G Real Estate invests in prime Italian high street retail
- First acquisition in Italy in 10 years.
- Prime pitch on one of Milan’s best retailing streets, pre-let to major Italian fashion retailer.
9 March 2015
M&G Real Estate appoints Martin Towns as Head of Capital Solutions
- New role in response to increasing trend in global real estate for large international investors and sovereign wealth funds to partner with Fund Managers.
4 March 2015
M&G Real Estate to fund the London Fruit & Wool Exchange development
- 320,000 sq ft of prime, mixed use space to be redeveloped near Liverpool Street Station.
3 February 2015
600 new homes for South Wales after £50 million of funding secured
- United Welsh in private placement deal with M&G Investments.
28 January 2015
M&G Investment appoints Head of Infrastructure Finance
M&G Investments, the international investment manager, has appointed John Mayhew as Head of Infrastructure Finance within its Institutional Fixed Income business.
23 January 2015
M&G Real Estate commits to fund 480,800 sq ft of regional logistics development in the midlands
M&G Real Estate is to fund the construction of 480,800 sq ft of new warehouses at Wilson Bowden’s Optimus Park, Leicestershire. This is the first logistics deal of 2015 for M&G Real Estate, an indicator of the leading global fund manager’s intentions for the year ahead.
22 January 2015
M&G Real Estate to fund 780,000 sq ft prime distribution development in the golden triangle
M&G Real Estate is to fund the construction of a 777,929 sq ft distribution warehouse at Birch Coppice Business Park, Tamworth, from IM Properties Development Ltd. The total commitment is £81 million, representing a net initial yield of 5.14%. The purchase was made on behalf of the M&G Property Portfolio, managed by Fiona Rowley and Deputy Fund Manager, Justin Upton of M&G Real Estate.
14 January 2015
M&G Real Estate to fund the development of social and affordable housing in Wales
M&G Real Estate is providing £19 million for the development of 189 residential homes for Porthcwlis, a development company owned by Welsh housing association, RCT Homes. Two sites in Cardiff will provide 152 homes and the remainder will be in Brynawelon, Cwmbach.
13 January 2015
First acquisition of 2015 follows M&G Real Estate's £4 billion of transactions in 2014
M&G Real Estate confirms the purchase of 3 Hardman Square, Spinningfields, Manchester for £91.7 million, from Credit Suisse Asset Management, reflecting a net initial yield of 5.8%.
7 January 2015
M&G Investments energises solar industry with £60m investment
- Innovative direct financing from institutional investors into the solar sector