If you have been approached regarding any of the below products please contact us as these are known to be linked to fraudulent activity:
- Deposit Fixed Rate Saver
- Fixed Rate Deposit Bond
- Fixed Interest UK Growth Bond
- Fixed Interest UK Growth ISA Bond
- Prudential International Investment Bond
- Prudential Plc Fixed Income Bond
We are aware of fraudsters claiming to represent M&G using variations of our name, registered company address, and logo in order to create the pretence of legitimacy. If you have received any suspicious communications claiming to be from M&G:
- Contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0800 390 390
- Do not respond to the communication
- Delete any emails straight away and do not access any links or open any attachments contained within them
Boiler room scams
Share and bond scams are often run from ‘boiler rooms’ where fraudsters cold-call investors offering them worthless, overpriced or even non-existent shares or bonds. They use increasingly sophisticated tactics to approach investors, offering to buy or sell shares in a way that will bring a huge return.
South African Fraud
UK financial institutions are identifying a number of attempts of fraud targeting the financial assets of South African residents. Third parties are impersonating the genuine owner of such assets and attempting to withdraw funds with the intention of transferring the proceeds to bank accounts in other countries.
M&G has robust security controls in place to prevent this type of activity, however, it is also important to contact us if you suspect a third party has information in relation to your financial assets or you suspect your post has been intercepted or interfered with.