Sustainability Related Disclosures
Environmental or social characteristics of the fund
The fund aims to provide a total return (the combination of capital growth and income) of 4 to 8% per annum over any five-year period while applying ESG Criteria and/or Impact Criteria.
How the fund meets its environmental and social characteristics
The fund applies ESG Integration. ESG integration is the systematic inclusion of ESG factors in investment analysis and investment decisions.
The fund is categorised as Planet+ / Sustainable.
- Planet+: in addition to applying ESG integration, the fund has a minimum set of norms-based, values-based and sector-based exclusions.
- Sustainable: the fund applies a combination of Positive ESG Tilt and Impact approaches.
- ESG investments: the fund applies a Positive ESG Tilt whereby the ESG component of the portfolio is tilted towards companies or issuers with better ESG characteristics as a result of excluding companies or issuers with poorer ESG characteristics.
- Impact investments: the fund aims to invest the Impact component of the portfolio in companies or issuers that deliver material, measurable positive societal impacts by addressing the world’s major social and environmental challenges, while generating competitive economic returns.
The fund invests in securities that meet the ESG Criteria and/or Impact Criteria.
The fund maintains a core holding of assets that have a positive societal impact through addressing the world’s major social and environmental challenges.
The fund invests in three categories of positive impact assets:
- "Pioneers", whose products or services have a transformational effect on society or the environment;
- "Enablers", which provide the tools for others to deliver positive social or environmental impact; and
- "Leaders", which spearhead the development of sustainability in their industries.
The fund has no benchmark.
Further information on the ESG and Impact methodology, including data sources, screening criteria and the relevant sustainability indicators of the fund can be found in the ESG Criteria and Impact Criteria.
A description of ESG and responsible investment terms used is available in the fund’s Prospectus.