This is a single premium investment bond that lets you invest your money in a wide range of funds. This could be right for you if you’re looking for a medium to long-term investment, of between five and 10 years.
- You can start investing – with a minimum of £10,000 and make additional investments of at least £10,000.
- Flexible options for withdrawing your money – you can take regular or partial withdrawals from your bond at any time. You can set the amount of regular withdrawals and choose how often it is taken, within certain minimum and maximum levels.
- There’s also tax benefits – if you pay tax, the Prudential Investment Plan has a valuable built-in tax benefit that allows you to take out up to 5% of your investment each year without having to pay any tax immediately. You can do this for up to 20 years, although if you decide to cash in your plan or take out more than 5% (in any policy year) of the amount you have invested, you may be subject to an income tax charge.
- There is a wide range of investments to choose from - you'll have access to our:
- Five Risk Managed Active and five Risk Managed Passive funds which target different levels of risk and potential return and provide access to a combination of investment experts - M&G Treasury and Investment Office (T&IO) for asset allocation.
- Core Multi-Asset funds and the PruFund range of funds. The PruFund range of funds are investment funds. They include a smoothing process that aims to give you some protection against fluctuations in the market, in particular, some of the short-term ups and downs associated with investing directly in the Stock Market.
- There is a range of PruFund funds designed to suit different attitudes to risk and reward. They are designed for those wishing to invest for 5 to 10 years or more. There are the five Risk Managed PruFund funds and also the PruFund Growth and Cautious Funds, the latter two include some guarantee options* (at an additional charge). These use our established smoothing process and give you a choice of funds that target a limit of the amount of volatility (the fluctuations in the value of your investments) a fund will experience. We aim to achieve the best return we can over the medium to long-term (5 to 10 years or more), for the level of risk you are willing to take. *The Prufund Protected Funds are currently unavailable to new investments.
- An additional fund range to complement the Multi-Asset funds which are managed by Prudential and other external fund managers who have been chosen for their investment expertise.
As you can see, there are various funds to choose from and if you decide to change your fund investment, you can currently switch between funds free of charge (this could change in the future) and there’s no Capital Gains Tax to pay. Please bear in mind though that there may be certain restrictions applied to certain funds, details of which you can find in the Key Features Document.
Please note that each fund has its own level of risk and potential growth and the charges for each can vary.